When a person or a baby is affected by a viral stomach upset then that person needs to take certain tests as suggested by best Gastro doctor in Mumbai. The doctor will suggest the tests and the treatment process for the patient.
If the person is vomiting and is not able to drink even fluids then the person needs to be admitted in the hospital. It may be extreme cases of food poisoning. Gastro doctor in Mmumbai may suggest the right treatment to the patient who is admitted.
Gastro surgeon in Mumbai may suggest giving glucose through veins of the patient to make his condition stable. When the condition of the patient is stable then the doctor may suggest giving food from the mouth.
Top 10 Best Gastroenterologist in Mumbai
Checkout list of top-rated gastro surgeons in Mumbai with contact no, address, services, treatments, cost / price, book appointments & more.
1. Dr. Sachin Wani
Dr. Sachin Wani is one of the best GI Laparoscopic Surgeon, Laparoscopic Appendix Surgeon, Laparoscopic Hernia Surgeon, and Laparoscopic Piles Surgeon in Mumbai.
Dr. Sachin Wani specializes in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery for G.I. Cancer and HPB surgery, Shunt Surgery for Portal Hypertension, Laparoscopic G.I. Oncosurgery and Colorectal Surgery, Laparoscopic Liver Resection and Liver Transplantation & Bariatric Surgery working as a consultant. He has a lot of national and international papers and publications to his credit including an international publication in Journal of Laparoendoscopy and advanced surgical techniques on one of the largest number of Laparoscopic pancreatic necrosectomy in the world. He also has authored a text chapter on Obstructed Defaecation syndrome in Clinical G.I.Surgery textbook edited by Dr Sanjiv Haribhakti, which serves as a learning tool for General and GI Surgeons across India and the world.
- Listing:- Dr. Sachin Wani Mumbai
- Address:- Currae Specialty Hospital, Ground flr, Highstreet Mall, near Big Bazaar, Kapurbawdi, Junction, Thane, Maharashtra 400607
- Contact No:- 096993 04142
- Email:- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direction:- Dr. Sachin Wani
2. Dr. Mehul Choksi
Dr. Mehul Choksi Gastroenterologist, Therapeutic Endoscopist in Mumbai with vast experience in the field of digestive diseases and advanced therapeutic endoscopy.
Dr. Mehul Choksi was awarded the Peter Cotton Travel Fellowship in Advanced Endoscopy at the Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, USA where he underwent training in the latest and advanced therapeutic gastrointestinal endoscopy procedures. He is also trained at the Center for Interventional Endoscopy, Florida Hospital, Orlando, USA where he learned Endoscopic Ultrasound techniques.
Dr. Choksi has immense experience in the field of diagnostic and therapeutic gastrointestinal endoscopy procedures encompassing gastroscopy, colonoscopy, ERCP, EUS and enteroscopy including palliative stenting of advanced gastrointestinal malignancies.
- Listing:- Dr. Mehul Choksi Mumbai
- Address:- Gabriel House, Gabriel Cross Road,, Mahim West, near Canossa Special School, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400016
- Contact No:- +919833748171
- Email:- email@example.com
- Direction:- Dr. Mehul Choksi
3. Dr. Raju Kanakia
Dr Raju Kanakia completed his MBBS and MD – Internal Medicine from the Grant Medical College and Sir J.J. Group of Hospitals. After his MD medicine he went on to join the Gastroenterology Department at the Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Mumbai. He worked towards the department recognition for National Board of Examination and became the first DNB student from this institute.
Dr Raju Kanakia’s passion for using technology for medical education made him pioneer Medivision, a Continuing Medical Education programme on DoorDarshan 2 which is the national television of India. This first and only CME programme on television in India completed 100 episodes. These CMEs were also telecast by IGNOU – Indira Gandhi National Open University.
Dr. Raju Kanakia was credited with the launch of India’s first healthcare portal medivisionindia.com, which attracted one lakh visitors every month in 2002.
- Listing:- Dr. Raju Kanakia Mumbai
- Address:- 2, Neelkanth Niwas, Purandare Park CHS, 169 -C, Dr. Ambedkar Road,, Dadar TT Circle,, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400014
- Contact No:- 022 2410 3939
- Email:- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direction:- Dr. Raju Kanakia
4. Dr. Amit Maydeo
Dr. Amit Maydeo, is a Gastroenterologist and endoscopy expert known for his pioneering efforts on therapeutic endoscopy and endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP).He was honoured by the Government of India, in 2013, by bestowing on him the Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award, for his contributions to the fields of medicine and medical education.
Dr Amit Maydeo is currently the Chairman of the Baldota Institute of Digestive Sciences at the Global hospital in Mumbai, India and President of the Association of Interventional GI Endoscopy of India.
Dr Maydeo has been a visiting faculty for more than 100 endoscopy workshops all over the world and has himself conducted 20 International LIVE endoscopy workshops in Mumbai over the past 25 years.
- Listing:- Dr. Sachin Wani Mumbai
- Address:- 3rd Floor, Global Hospital. 35, Dr Ernest Borges Road, Hospital Avenue, Opp Dr. Shirodkar High School, Parel, Mumbai, Maharashtra-400012, India
- Contact No:- +91 9867303277 | 7506158512 | 7045475368
- Email:- email@example.com
- Direction:- Dr. Sachin Wani
5. Dr. Harshad Joshi
Dr. Harshad Joshi is a Consultant in the Department of Gastroenterology & GI Medicine at Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre. He is known to be a specialist in Small Bowel treatment, IBD treatment, Pancreas treatment in Mumbai. Dr. Harshad Joshi is a renowned and Best Gastroenterologist in Mumbai, holding more than a decade of rich clinical experience in the field of Gastroenterology. He is also an Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) Specialist in Mumbai. Gastroenterologists are specially trained to manage problems related to the digestive tract or digestive health disorder, right from the esophagus till the anus. They perform endoscopy using special instruments to take a look at the GI tract and make a diagnosis.
Dr. Harshad Joshi is a Consultant Gastroenterologist and IBD specialist in Mumbai. He holds a rich clinical experience of 10+ years in the field of Gastroenterology. He has also done clinical research fellowship in Advanced Inflammatory bowel disease. Gastroenterologists manage problems related to the digestive tract or digestive health disorder.
- Listing:- Dr. Harshad Joshi Mumbai
- Address:- Prarthana Samaj, 3rd Floor, Raja Rammohan Roy Rd, Girgaon, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400004
- Contact No:- +91 9833379559
- Email:- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direction:- Dr. Harshad Joshi
6. Dr. Chetan Bhatt
Dr. Chetan Bhatt is Head of Department and Consultant in the Department of Gastroenterology at Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre.
Dr. Chetan Bhatt is a prominent Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist practising in Mumbai since several years. In addition to the MBBS degree, Dr. Chetan Bhatt holds an MD in General Medicine and a DNB in Gastroenterology.
Dr. Chetan Bhatt has won numerous scholarships notably the Dr. A.J. Kohiyar prize from Research Society (J.J. group of Hospitals and Grant Medical College) and the Glaxo Merit Scholarship for being the first student opting to specialize in Internal Medicine after graduation.
Dr. Chetan Bhatt has several publications and presentations to his credit in the area of Gastroenterology and has authored chapters in API textbook of Medicine (7th & 8th Edition) on Disease of Peritoneum, Liver in Systemic Disease and Alcoholic Liver Disease.
- Listing:- Dr. Chetan Bhatt Mumbai
- Address:- 3rd floor, Reliance foundation building Prarthana Samaj, Raja Rammohan Roy Rd, Girgaon, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400004
- Contact No:- +912223624324 | 022-61305757 | 022-35475757 | 1-800-221-166 | 1-800-890-1111
- Email:- Chetan.Bhatt@rfhospital.org
- Direction:- Dr. Chetan Bhatt
Mumbai’s Gastroenterologist Treatments
- Barret’s Esophagus
- Biliary Tract Disease
- Colon and Bowel Cancers
- Colon Polyps
- Esophageal Cancers
- Gallbladder Stones and Cancer
- Gastric Cancers
- Gastroesophageal Reflux
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Nutritional Problems and Malabsorption
- Pancreatic Cancers
- Peptic Ulcer Disease
- A good Gastro surgeon in Mumbai may not keep you for more number of days in the in the hospital. The patient is discharged as soon as the patient is able to walk in his own.
But you need to very extra careful after the patient is discharged. You cannot give the patient heavy food as soon as the patient is discharged. For some days gastroenterologist doctor in Mumbai will recommend eating light and healthy food like bananas and khichdi.
We must follow all the instructions given by the gastroenterologist doctor in Mumbai if we want the patient to get well soon.
You may choose any gastroenterologist from the list of Top 10 gastroenterologists in Mumbai. You need to choose a doctor which is near your house and can treat you well.
If the doctor that you have chosen from Top 10 gastroenterologists in Mumbai does not meet your expectations, then you can change the doctor. You can change the doctor only if you don’t get recovered even after a week.