- Qualification – MBBS, MD, Drexel University School of Medicine, USA
- Consultant – Gastroenterology/Hepatology and Transplant Hepatology
- Department – Transplant, Gastroenterology, Hepato Pancreato Biliary
- Years of Practice – 10 Years
- Dr. Gaurav Mehta is the best Gastroenterologist in Mumbai.
About Dr. Gaurav Mehta
My interest in Liver diseases began with a very personal family member having cirrhosis and complications from the same. Their passing away from this deadly disease made me motivated to fight this disease and gave me inspiration to peruse hepatology as a career.
I have trained and worked as an associate professor in the USA for about 15 years. Worked and trained in the best of institutions like Albert Einsten Medical Center, Drexel University School of medicine & Harvard Medical School with the brightest names in Gastroenterology & Hepatology.
My goal is to bring all this experience and training to KDAH & become the best Gastroenterology & Hepatology unit so that we can provide the best and latest evidence-based care in this field.
Dr. Gaurav Mehta Areas of Interest or expertise
Management of end-stage liver disease/cirrhosis, Liver transplant, Fatty liver disease/NASH, Management of Gastrointestinal bleeding, Luminal therapeutic endoscopy
Dr. Gaurav Mehta Education & Training
NAME OF INSTITUTE(S):
- Frankford Hospitals, Jefferson University School of Medicine (USA) – Transitional year medicine
- Graduate Hospital, Drexel University School of Medicine (USA) – Internal medicine
- Albert Einstein Medical Center (USA) – Transplant Hepatology
- Hahnemann Hospital, Drexel University School of Medicine (USA) – Gastroenterolgy & Hepatology
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School (USA) – Advance Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Gastroenterology/Hepatology, Hahnemann Hospital, Drexel University School of Medicine, USA
- Transplant Hepatology, Albert Einstein Medical Centre, USA
- Advance Therapeutic Endoscopy, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Centre, Harvard Medical School, USA
Awards, Honors, and Recognition
- 2004 Chairman’s Award – Most outstanding 1st year resident at Graduate Hospital
- 2006 Program Director’s Award – Most outstanding senior resident at Graduate Hospital
- Nominate for the American Liver Foundation/American Association for the study of Liver disease – 2006 Resident Scholar Award
Dr. Gaurav Mehta Experience
Dr. Gaurav Mehta finished his Internal Medicine (MD) and fellowship in Gastroenterology/Hepatology at Drexel University. He also has a fellowship in Transplant Hepatology from Albert Einstein Medical Centre, Philadelphia, and Advance Therapeutic Endoscopic Fellowship from Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Centre, Harvard Medical School. He has spent 8 years training in the best of institutions in the USA before starting a busy practice in Ohio.
Dr. Mehta was also an Associate Professor in Clinical Gastroenterology/Hepatology at Ohio University and practiced in the USA for 5 years before coming back to India and joining KDAH.
Dr. Gaurav Mehta joined a busy Gastroenterology unit in 2014. His main area of interest was Hepatology and liver transplant aling with luminal endoscopy.
We have completed more than 200 liver transplants since his joining KDAH. He does more than 2000 procedures a year and sees about 4000 OPD patients every year. These include complex advanced liver cirrhosis patients, GI malignancy, and therapeutic endocopy.
Dr. Gaurav Mehta Professional Membership Associations
- ASGE – American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- ACG – American College of Gastroenterology
- ABIM – American Board of Internal Medicine (Diplomat)
- AASLD – American Association for Study of Liver Disease
- ABIM – American Board of Gastroenterology (Diplomat)
- Transplant Hepatology
- Hepato Pancreato Biliary
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy (EGD)
- Variceal banding/sclerotherapy
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio-pancreatography (ERCP)
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)
- Diagnostic and therapeutic FNA
- ercutaneous Gastrostomy (PEG)
- Diagnostic and therapeutic
- Pancreatic pseudocyst drainage
- Duodenal metal stent placement